Troubleshooting: Factory resets
If you run into problems with your headset or want to clear all of your data from the headset, you can do a factory reset. This wipes everything off your headset and returns it to the software state that it was in when you first took it out of the box.
To perform a factory reset using your phone:
- Open the Meta Quest app on your phone.
- Tap Devices from the bottom menu.
- Tap the headset connected to your phone.
- Tap Advanced settings.
- Tap Factory Reset, then Reset.
To perform a factory reset using the headset:
- Turn off your headset.
- Hold the power and volume (-) buttons on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
- Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
- Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.
- Performing a factory reset is irreversible and will remove all account information, downloaded games and content from the headset.
- Performing a factory reset won't remove content you've purchased or downloaded from your account.