Manage connected experiences across your accounts in an Accounts Center
What you should know before you set up automatic post or story sharing:
- When sharing your Facebook posts or stories to Instagram, you can only share posts from your personal profile. If you have one or more Facebook business Pages, you can’t share any posts or stories you make on your Pages.
- When sharing your Instagram posts to Facebook, if you have a personal Facebook profile and one or more Facebook business Pages, you can choose which profile or Page to share to from any of the Instagram accounts that you’ve added to Accounts Center. Your story and posts from those Instagram accounts will be shared to that Facebook profile or Page until you change it.
- If you have a personal Facebook profile and one or more Facebook business Pages, you can choose which profile or Page to share to from any of the Instagram accounts that you’ve added to Accounts Center. Your story and posts from those Instagram accounts will be shared to that Facebook profile or Page until you change it.
- Learn more about managing posting across your accounts in the Instagram Help Center:
- Troubleshooting Instagram cross-posting issues with Accounts Center.
- Why you’re seeing someone else’s Facebook information or posting to someone else’s Facebook account from Instagram.
- How to share posts from your Instagram account to a Facebook Page that you manage.
- What happens when you connect your Instagram account to a Facebook Page that you manage.
Set up automatic post or story sharing:
- In Accounts Center, tap or click Connected Experiences, then tap or click Sharing across profiles.
- Click on the profile that you'd like to share from, then tap or click on the profile you'd like to share to.
- Below Automatically share, click to stop or start sharing your Facebook or Instagram posts or stories across the profiles you've selected.
Manage logging in with accounts
Note, if you choose to turn off this connected experience, then you may be prompted to enter a password for your account. You may not be able to log into your accounts until you create a password.
To manage logging in with accounts:
- In Accounts Center, tap or click Logging in with accounts, then tap or click either Allow all accounts to log into each other or Choose which accounts can log into other accounts.
- Tap or click the Facebook, Instagram and/or Meta accounts where you’d like to manage logging in with accounts settings.
If you created an Instagram or Meta account with a Facebook account and you decide to remove that account from the same Accounts Center as your Facebook account, then you’ll be prompted to create a password for Instagram or your Meta account.
Sync your name and profile picture across profiles
What you should know before you sync your profile information across Facebook and Instagram:
- When you first sync your name, your name on Facebook will become your name on Instagram.
- People will be able to see and search for you with this name on both Facebook and Instagram.
- Syncing your name on Facebook with your name on Instagram (example: Tracy Kim) won’t change your Instagram username (example: tkim).
- To sync your profile picture, you also have to sync your name. When you sync your profile picture, you can choose to use either your Facebook or Instagram profile picture across your accounts. The default picture will be the picture you most recently updated.
- If you change your name on Facebook or Instagram and have synced accounts, then your name will change on both accounts.
- If you remove an account with a synced name or profile picture from Accounts Center or you disable syncing your profile information, your name and picture will stay the same on Facebook and Instagram until you change them. Any future changes you make to your name or profile picture will only apply to the account you’re updating.
To sync your profile information:
- In Accounts Center, tap or click Accounts and Profiles.
- Tap or click on your Facebook or Instagram profile.
- Tap or click next to Sync Profile info to turn name, username, profile picture and avatar syncing off or on.
- If you choose to turn syncing on, you can then choose to sync your name or your name and profile picture.
- To use a different profile picture, tap or click Change Profile Picture then tap the circle next to the account that you’d like to use for your profile picture.
Sync your shopping activity across accounts
To sync or unsync your shopping activity:
- In Accounts Center, tap or click Connected experiences.
- Tap or click Shopping activity.
- Tap or click next to Sync shopping activity to enable or disable syncing your shopping activity across Facebook and Instagram.
- If you have more than 2 accounts, tap the accounts you’d like to exclude from syncing.
Access your Meta Pay info across Facebook and Instagram
To connect or disconnect Meta Pay information:
- In Accounts Center, tap or click Meta Pay info.
- Tap or click next to Connect Meta Pay Info to connect or disconnect Meta Pay information across your accounts.
- Tap Connect to confirm.
- You may be asked to enter your Meta Pay PIN or other validation method.
When you connect your Meta Pay info across Facebook and Instagram:
- You’ll be able to access your saved payment methods, delivery address, name, email address and payment history on both Instagram and Facebook.
- You can update your Meta Pay information settings in Instagram or Facebook.
If you disconnect your Meta Pay information in Accounts Center:
- Your Facebook account will keep access to all payment information and payment history. You will still be able to see Instagram orders on Instagram.
- You’ll have to add a payment method and delivery information next time you want to make a purchase on Instagram.
Note that Meta Pay isn’t available in Accounts Centers that only have Instagram accounts added (no Facebook or Meta accounts).