Why am I being asked to authenticate my payment when ordering a Meta Portal?
We may ask you to authenticate your payment when purchasing a Meta Portal through https://www.meta.com/portal to comply with applicable fraud prevention laws.
To authenticate your payment during checkout, you’ll be asked to enter a code that was sent to the email address associated with your account.
Some of the ways your bank may ask you to authenticate your payment include:
- Responding to an email with a secure link to complete your purchase.
- Opening a payment confirmation from Portal from Facebook on your phone.
- Providing additional verification for your bank in a new browser window.
- You can also add PayPal as a confirmed payment method to your Facebook account. Once you do this, you should be able to use your confirmed PayPal account to complete purchases without additional verification steps.
- If you are having trouble authenticating your payment or if you don’t receive a code, please contact Meta Store support at store.facebook.com/help for assistance.