Connect Spotify, Pandora, Amazon Music or iHeartRadio accounts to Meta Portal
You can connect and play music through several streaming services on your Meta Portal, including Spotify, Pandora and iHeartRadio. App availability differs based on the location where you use Meta Portal. See portal.facebook.com/usage for more information.
Depending on your location, you can play or control music from Spotify, Pandora or iHeartRadio using “Hey Portal” voice commands (example: “Hey Portal, play [song title]”) or use Alexa voice commands to play music from Amazon Music.
To use Spotify, select Spotify from Home on your Meta Portal. A Spotify Premium account isn't required to use Spotify on Meta Portal.
To connect your Spotify Premium account:
- From Apps, tap Spotify.
- Tap Connect Spotify.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your Spotify account.
To connect a Pandora account, you can use a Pandora, Pandora Plus, or Pandora Premium account. Pandora is only currently available if you use Meta Portal in the US.
To connect Pandora:
- From Apps, tap Pandora.
- Tap Connect Pandora.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your Pandora account.
To use Amazon Music, you must connect an Amazon Alexa account to your Meta Portal. Once connected, you can use your voice to play music using voice commands like:
- “Alexa, play [artist name].”
- “Alexa, play [music genre].”
- “Alexa, play [song title].”
To connect Alexa:
- From Apps, tap Settings .
- Tap Assistants.
- Tap Amazon Alexa and follow the on-screen instructions to log in with your Amazon account.
- Tap Continue.
- Tap Done.
To use iHeartRadio, select iHeartRadio from Home on your Meta Portal. An iHeartRadio account isn't required to use iHeartRadio on Meta Portal. iHeartRadio is only currently available if you're using Meta Portal in the US.
- You can disconnect your third-party accounts from Meta Portal by tapping Disconnect next to the account from the Accounts section of the Settings menu.
- If an account that was connected to Spotify or Pandora is removed from your Meta Portal, the third party service will be disconnected from the device.