Use Meta Portal as a second screen from your desktop with Duet
You can use Meta Portal devices to extend your display by downloading Duet Display. Currently, only Meta Portal Plus (2021) and Meta Portal Go are supported.
- From Apps, tap Apps .
- Scroll down to Duet.
- Tap Get.
If you can’t find Duet, make sure your software is up to date.
- Download the latest version of Duet Display for macOS or Windows here.
- Follow the in-app instructions to install Duet Display.
You can connect Meta Portal devices wirelessly or by using a USB-C.
Make sure Duet is open on your Meta Portal and on your desktop.
To connect on macOS or Windows:
- Go to Duet on your desktop and select Android.
- Click Air.
- Select your device to connect.
Note: Meta Portal Go can only be connected wirelessly.
To connect on macOS:
- Open Duet on your Meta Portal and on your desktop.
- Plug one end of the USB-C into the back of your Meta Portal and a USB-A or USB-C into your computer.
- Go to Duet and select Meta Portal.
- Click Enable USB Support.
Note: When you connect Duet with a USB, a popup window will appear on your Meta Portal. You will have the option to check the box for it to Always open Duet when Duet Display connection is connected.
USB support on Windows is coming soon. The steps to connect will be the same as on macOS.