How Meta Portal for Business data is used by Meta
Your business data is logically separated from consumer data and protected by access controls.
- Employers will not be able to track or access the personal contacts or conversations on your personal social media accounts on a managed Meta Portal device unless you intentionally share them with your employer.
- When your employees log into a Meta Portal using Work Accounts, your business data will only be used to provide and improve the product or service, provide measurement, analytics or other business services, and promote safety, integrity or security.
- Your business data will not be used for ads.
- When your employees log into a Meta Portal using Work Accounts, Portal for Business will logically separate your business data from our consumer data and subject the business data to strict access controls.
Business data is defined as:
- All the logs and data generated by the Portal Device Manager agent app.
- All the logs and data generated during the onboarding experience for a Meta Portal device linked to a Work Account login. This could include the email, name and phone number.
- All the logs and data generated during device setup related to a Work Account login.
- All logs and data generated by Portal Device Manager servers.