Call settings and controls
Change the call settings on your Meta Portal
Call Settings allow you to set when you receive incoming calls on Meta Portal. You can select Do Not Disturb, which silences your calls and shows you as not active until 8AM. Call Settings can be uniquely set for each account on your Meta Portal.
To change your Call Settings:
- From Apps, tap Settings .
- Tap General.
- Below Call Settings, tap next to Do Not Disturb.
Control the camera during a call on your Meta Portal
During a call you can move around the room and talk freely while Meta Portal's Smart Camera and Smart Sound adjust to keep you audible and in the frame. You can also manually adjust the zoom and focus of your camera using gestures on your Meta Portal's touchscreen.
To enter Manual Mode you can:
- In self view, use a pinch gesture to zoom in or out.
- In self view, use a drag gesture to change the area of focus.
To turn off Manual Mode:
- On the bottom right corner of your Meta Portal screen, tap .
To have your camera focus on one individual (Spotlight) during a call:
- Tap the person's face in your self view.
- When you see a yellow frame around their face, tap their face again.
To turn off Spotlight during a call:
- In self view, double-tap the face of the person who is in Spotlight.
Create or edit a custom nickname on your Meta Portal
When you create or edit a custom nickname, the nickname will show up wherever the contact is referenced on your Meta Portal, like your call history and suggested contacts.
To create or edit a custom nickname:
- From Apps, tap Contacts .
- Tap the contact you'd like to rename.
- Tap .
- Tap Edit Nickname.
- Add a custom nickname using the onscreen keyboard.
- Tap OK. You can now call the contact using their custom nickname.
Use AR Effects during a call on your Meta Portal
You can use AR Effects like filters and masks during a call on your Meta Portal. If you use AR Effects, they will only appear on the person who added the Effect. Shared Effects appear on everyone, but are only available when everyone on the call is using Meta Portal.
To use AR Effects or Shared Effects during a call:
- Tap the screen to show the call menu.
- Tap .
- Tap Effects or Shared Effects.
- Tap the Effect you'd like to try.
To stop using Effects or Shared Effects during a call:
- Tap the screen to expose the call menu.
- Tap Stop to stop using Effects or Shared Effects.
If Shared Effects don't appear during a call:
Make sure everyone on the call is using Meta Portal. You can also try updating the software on each Meta Portal.