Contacts on Meta Portal
Add or remove contacts from your Meta Portal
Your Meta Portal contacts are the Facebook friends, Messenger connections and WhatsApp contacts of all accounts linked to your Meta Portal.
Adding or removing a Facebook account or WhatsApp account to your Meta Portal will add or remove the contacts associated with that account.
If you want to keep your Messenger connections or WhatsApp contacts, but hide them from your Meta Portal you can hide the contact.
To add or remove contacts:
To hide a contact:
- From your Apps, tap your Contacts app.
- Tap the contact you would like to hide.
- Tap More .
- Tap Hide Contact.
- Tap Hide.
Unhide a contact:
- From your Apps, tap your Settings app.
- Tap Profiles, then tap [Your Name].
- Tap Hidden Messenger Contacts or Hidden WhatsApp Contacts.
- Tap the contact you would like to unhide.
Blocking someone on Facebook, Messenger or WhatsApp will mean they can't call you or be called from Meta Portal and they will be removed as a contact from your Meta Portal.
See if contacts are available for a call on your Meta Portal
Contacts who have a next to their name are recently active on their Meta Portal, Messenger or Facebook.
The Show You're Home setting allows you to share your “At Home” status with your favorited contacts on a per-favorite basis. These favorites will see a home icon instead of a green dot when your Meta Portal is active. Your Availability setting must be turned on in order for Show You're Home to work.
To show you're home:
Manage how contacts see your availability on Meta Portal
You can control how your contacts see whether or not you are active and available on your Meta Portal through the Facebook Active Status setting.
The Facebook Active Status setting allows your contacts to see when your Meta Portal is active or recently active. You’ll appear active or recently active unless you turn off the setting every place you’re using Messenger or Facebook. This setting also affects whether you can see when your friends and contacts are active or recently active.
To change your Facebook Active Status on Meta Portal:
- From Apps, tap Settings .
- Tap Privacy.
- Below Permissions, tap Facebook Active Status.
- If prompted, follow the on-screen instructions to log in with your Facebook account.
- Tap to turn your Facebook Active Status on or off.