Meta Portal care tips
Check Meta Portal Health and Safety Warnings for the most up-to-date information on health and safety. Follow the recommendations and warnings there.
To take care of your Meta Portal, follow these tips:
Picking a location:
- Set up your Meta Portal on a flat, stable surface where it’s not likely to tip or fall.
- Set up and keep your Meta Portal indoors in a well-ventilated, climate-controlled location. Your Meta Portal may get warm during use, which is normal.
- Keep your Meta Portal and its cord away from food, water or other liquids.
- Keep your Meta Portal and its cord away from sources of heat like stoves, ovens or radiators.
- When setting up Meta Portal, plug the cord into the device first, then into an appropriate outlet.
- Arrange the cord so it’s out of reach for children and pets, and no one will trip on it.
- Shut down and unplug your Meta Portal before moving it.
- Unplug your Meta Portal’s cord from the outlet first, then from the device.
- Only use the included power cord with your Meta Portal.
Cleaning your Meta Portal:
- Use a clean, soft dry cloth to clean the screen and outside of your Meta Portal.
- Only clean the outside of your Meta Portal. Don't attempt to open your Meta Portal or to clean inside any ventilation or other openings.
- Don't use compressed air to clean your Meta Portal.
- Don't use abrasive or harsh chemicals when cleaning your Meta Portal.
If your Meta Portal needs additional service, please contact Meta Store Support at store.facebook.com/help/support for assistance.