Set up your Meta Portal
Before setting up your Meta Portal:
- Review our health and safety guidelines.
- To set up your Meta Portal, you'll need a Facebook or WhatsApp account.
To turn on your device:
- Slide the cover off your box, open the box and pull the device towards you.
- Remove plastic packaging. If the plastic packaging is covering your microphone, you will have trouble making calls and using assistants.
- Place your Meta Portal on a stable flat surface, like a tabletop or counter. Do not place your Meta Portal near areas where it might get wet, sources of heat or where it may be tipped over easily. (example: near sinks, showers, pools, stoves, ovens, or radiators.)
- Plug the power cord into the back of your device. If your Meta Portal comes with a charging dock, learn how to set up Meta Portal Go.
- Make sure the included power cord is fully plugged into your Meta Portal before plugging it into an appropriate outlet:
- Your Meta Portal works when connected to a rated AC power source with 100V to 240V AC at 50Hz to 60Hz. Please review health and safety guidelines for more information.
- Arrange any cables and cords so that people and pets are not likely to trip over or accidentally pull on them as they move around or walk near the Meta Portal.
Your device will power on automatically. To turn the camera off, you can slide the camera cover over it. Or you can press the camera and microphone off button at the top of the device.
To set up your profile:
Once your Meta Portal is plugged in, follow the on-screen instructions to begin setup. If you are visually impaired and need assistance setting up your Meta Portal, you can activate TalkBack by placing two fingers on the screen and holding down.
Follow the on-screen instructions to do things like choose your preferred language, connect to WiFi and connect with Facebook, WhatsApp or Workplace accounts.
If you have trouble setting up your device, these articles may help:
- Wifi troubleshooting tips.
- Forgot my Facebook password.
- If you're having trouble using your Meta Portal's touchscreen during setup, you may have turned on TalkBack.
When you have finished connecting an account, follow the remaining on-screen instructions to complete setup. You can do things like:
- Connect your Meta Portal to music accounts.
- Set up voice interactions like "Hey Portal" and Alexa.
- Display your photos.