How HDMI-CEC works on Meta Portal TV
HDMI Consumer Electronics Control (HDMI-CEC) is a protocol on some TVs that you can turn on and off using your TV remote. When HDMI-CEC is turned on it allows devices like Meta Portal TV to communicate with the TV it’s connected to.
HDMI-CEC is also supported on Meta Portal TV, and you can turn it on and off in Settings using your Meta Portal TV remote. In order for HDMI-CEC to work properly, turn HDMI-CEC on in your Meta Portal TV Settings and your TV settings.
When HDMI-CEC is turned on, your Meta Portal TV can do things like:
- Turn your TV on and change the input source when you accept an incoming call on Meta Portal TV.
- Turn your TV off when your Meta Portal TV is not in use.
To turn HDMI-CEC on or off on your Meta Portal TV:
- From Home on your Meta Portal TV, select Settings .
- Select Remote.
- Select TV and Receiver Control. Next to TV and Receiver Control you can see if HDMI-CEC is On or Off. By default, HDMI-CEC will be turned On.
- Not all devices support HDMI-CEC.
- Different TV manufacturers refer to HDMI-CEC by different names.