I’m having problems setting up a Meta account
- If your headset is working, you can exit out of the screen asking you for a device code.
- If your headset isn’t working, please try the steps in the section below.
- If you previously logged into your Meta Quest device using your Facebook account, you need to set up your Meta account using your Facebook account. This ensures information like your previously purchased apps and existing data will automatically be associated with your new Meta account. Do not select Set up account with email, because doing so will create a Meta account that doesn’t have your existing apps and data. If this happens, you will need to delete your Meta account and set up a new Meta account using your existing Facebook account.
- If you selected Continue without Facebook while setting up your Meta account, do not attempt to log into your Meta account using your Facebook account, because doing so may create an additional Meta account that doesn't have your Meta Quest apps and data associated with it. If this happens:
- Go to auth.meta.com and click Continue with Facebook to log into this new Meta account.
- If you are prompted to create a new Meta account, skip to step 3.
- Go to accountcenter.meta.com and remove your Facebook account from this Accounts Center.
- Go to auth.meta.com and click Log in with email, using the email address associated with your Facebook and Oculus accounts.
- If you can't find the email address associated with your account, please contact Meta Store Support.
- Once you're logged in with your previous account, go to https://accountscenter.meta.com/connected_experiences/single_sign_on and add your Facebook account to this Accounts Center.
If you’re having problems in VR after setting up a Meta account, here are a few things you can try:
- Restart your headset, then connect the Meta Quest mobile app to your headset.
- Go to auth.meta.com/settings/security/ and click LOG OUT OF ALL SESSIONS. In your headset, you should now see a device code screen. Follow the on-screen insctructions to enter your device code. After you log back in, your device should restart - if not, you can manually restart your headset.
- If you’re having problems with an additional Meta account on your device, remove and then re-add the account.
- Perform a factory reset.
If you’re still having problems after trying these solutions, please contact Meta Store Support.