Remove or log out of an account connected to your Meta Quest headset
If you run into problems or want to clear all of your data off of your Meta Quest headset, you can do a factory reset. This wipes everything off your headset, and returns it to the software state that it was in when you first took it out of the box.
To perform a factory reset using your phone:
- Open the Meta Quest app on your phone.
- Tap Devices in the bottom menu.
- Tap the headset connected to your phone.
- Tap Factory Reset and then Reset.
To perform a factory reset using the headset:
- Turn off your headset.
- Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
- Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory reset and press the power button.
- Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes, erase and factory reset, then press the power button.
- Performing a factory reset is irreversible and will remove all account information, downloaded games, and content from the headset.
- Performing a factory reset won't remove content you've purchased or downloaded to your account, so you can still download it to your headset afterwards as long as you have access to your account.