Parental supervision settings
You can access both your own and your parent or guardian’s settings menu for parental supervision. That way, you can see what settings your parent is currently using to help support your VR experience.
- Block Apps Based on Age Rating: By default, you will be blocked in the Meta Quest Store from downloading or purchasing all apps that are rated above your current age. However, you can request that your parent allow individual apps on a case-by-case basis.
- If your parent turns this setting off, you will be able to access any apps regardless of content rating and your parent will have to block any apps manually.
- Block Meta Quest Link: Link and Air Link let you access additional apps by connecting your Meta Quest headset to a PC through a Link cable or wirelessly via Air Link. If your parent turns this setting on, you’ll need to request access from your parent before you can connect your headset to a PC.
- Your Parent’s Notifications: This section lets you see your parent’s notification settings, including information on what notifications they choose to receive.
- Your Notifications: You can toggle which parental supervision notifications you'd like to receive here.
- Disconnect From Parent: When selected, this option will remove you as a supported teen from your parent's account. Keep in mind that you have 24 hours to change your mind about this decision. After 24 hours, this option can’t be reversed. That means if you decide you want to turn parental supervision back on, you’ll need to resend a parent an invite to connect.
You can see what settings your parent currently has applied, and adjust your own settings in the Meta Quest mobile app. To do this:
- Open the Meta Quest app.
- Tap Menu.
- Tap Parental Supervision.
- Tap See Parent Dashboard.
- Tap to see which settings your parent has activated.