My headset doesn't remember my Guardian
Your Meta Quest headset may have forgotten your previous Guardian if:
- The physical space has changed significantly since the last time you set up Guardian. It can look like a new space to your headset and will prompt you to set up Guardian again. This can happen if:
- You moved furniture and/or changed the wall decor.
- You have lots of people moving around in your play area.
- The lighting has changed significantly since the time you set up Guardian. It can look like a new space and will prompt you to set up Guardian again. Examples of potential lighting changes include:
- Prominent windows near the play area and external lighting that has changed significantly. Daytime lighting versus nighttime lighting is a common difference that can affect the system's ability to recall the Guardian boundary.
- The direction of indoor lighting has changed significantly, e.g., light source has moved from one side of room to other.
To help your headset remember your Guardian in the future, try these tips:
- Stand as close as possible to the center of the intended play area when drawing your Guardian boundary.
- Look around the room when drawing your boundary. Only looking in one direction while drawing your boundary reduces the likelihood of remembering your Guardian in the future.
- Ensure that you have appropriate lighting but avoid direct sunlight in your play area. If you can read a book in your play area, that's sufficient.
- Always make sure the area within the Guardian system boundary is clear of hazards and obstacles.