Troubleshoot Meta Quest Headsets: Charging
If you're having trouble charging your Meta Quest headset, try the following steps:
- When charging with a cable, ensure your charging cable is connected to your headset properly. If you're not sure, unplug your charging cable from the headset and power brick, then plug it back in.
- When charging with a dock, like with Meta Quest Pro, make sure that the headset is properly positioned on the dock. When the correct seating is achieved, you should hear a chime sound to confirm.
- Make sure the LED light on the side of your headset is lit while charging. If the LED light is not lit Orange or Green, your headset is not being properly charged.
- When charging with the new Meta Quest Pro Charging Dock, make sure that the LED on the charging dock itself is not lit up red. If it is, you're probably using an underpowered adapter with the dock. This means that your headset may maintain its current charge while on the dock, or may charge very slowly, but it does not have enough power to charge your headset as intended.
- When your headset isn't charging and isn't in use, make sure that it is turned off or in sleep mode.
- Your headset battery may be too hot and may need to cool down before charging.
- If your headset isn't charging, make sure that you have an adapter, or charging brick, that is powerful enough for the device its charging. Ideally, we recommend using the charger that shipped with your headset, this way you always know that it will have the power required for proper charging.
If you're still having trouble with charging your headset, please contact customer support.