Initial setup: Meta Quest Wi-Fi troubleshooting
The troubleshooting steps listed below are specific to Meta Quest headsets that can't connect to Wi-Fi during the initial setup process. If you're having Wi-Fi issues after you've already set up your device, check out these post-setup troubleshooting steps.
We're aware of an issue that may cause some Meta Quest headsets to not detect or connect to Wi-Fi automatically during initial setup. If your Meta Quest isn't connecting to your home Wi-Fi network, or if you're prompted with an error message asking you to turn Wi-Fi on, please try the following steps to resolve the issue:
In your phone's settings, disable, then re-enable Wi-Fi.
If you see a pairing code in your headset you may be able to continue the setup process using the Meta Quest mobile app.
To do this:
- Open the app on a compatible mobile device. If you don't already have the Meta Quest app, you can download it from either the App Store or Google Play store using the links below:
- When you open the Meta Quest app, you'll continue the setup process which includes:
- Signing into Meta
- Setting up a VR profile
- Adjusting preferences and privacy settings
- Creating a store PIN
- Adding payment information
- Once you complete the steps listed above, choose Meta Quest to try and pair your headset manually.
- With your headset on, hold the power button on the right side of your headset down until you're prompted with a shut-down screen.
- Select Restart.
- Turn off your headset.
- Hold the power and volume (-) buttons down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
- Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
- Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.
- Keep in mind, if you Factory Reset your headset anything you downloaded or saved will be removed. Your Meta Quest will go through the initial set up as if it just came out of the box.
If none of the above steps solve your problem, you can try using RouteThis Helps. RouteThis Helps is an app for your iOS or Android phone or tablet that can help diagnose your Wi-Fi issues.
Download RouteThis Helps app on your iOS or Android phone or tablet.
Open RouteThis Helps app and tab Begin.
Enter the code FBRL.
Stand within 6 feet of your Meta Quest and tap Next, then tap Network Scan.
The scan takes about 2 minutes. Keep the app open while the scan is running.
When the scan finishes, you will see a screen displaying your Wi-Fi speed result. Tap Improve Device Performance and follow the instructions in the app.
If you still can't connect to Wi-Fi, please contact Support. In the top right of the RouteThis Helps app, find Your Key and include the code in your Support request.
If none of the above steps solve your problem, please contact Support.