I'm seeing static/snow in my Oculus Rift S headset.
If you’re seeing snow, static or a similar visual disturbance in your Rift S or Rift headset, try these troubleshooting tips:
- Disconnect and reconnect your Rift S from your computer:
- Unplug the USB cable from your computer.
- Unplug the mini DisplayPort or DisplayPort cable from your computer.
- First re-plug your USB cable into your computer.
- Wait 5 seconds, or until the light on your headset comes on.
- Re-plug your mini DisplayPort or DisplayPort cable into your computer.
- Unplug and Replug your Rift S headset:
- Carefully remove the facial interface from your headset. This allows you to access the cable.
- Unplug the cable from the headset.
- Wait 5 seconds.
- Insert the cable back into your headset.
- Insert the facial interface back into your headset.
- Restart your Oculus Service:
- Open the Oculus app on your computer.
- Click Settings on the left side of the app.
- Click Beta at the top of the settings options.
- Click Restart Oculus.
If you continue experiencing issues with your Oculus Rift S display, contact Meta Store support.