My Oculus Rift headset isn't connecting.
If your Oculus Rift headset isn't connecting, try these steps:
- Make sure your Rift headset is plugged into your dedicated graphics card. If you try to use your integrated graphics card, it won't connect.
- Make sure your Rift and computer are up-to-date.
- Install the latest Oculus drivers. To install the latest Oculus drivers:
- Close the Oculus app.
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run command.
- Enter C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers.
- Open oculus-driver.
- Open the Oculus app and then try to connect your headset again.
- Restart the Oculus app on your PC computer.
If you're already using your HDMI port for your display, or your graphics card doesn't have an HDMI port, try the following options:
|Display Options||Rift Options|
|HDMI to mini-HDMI adapter||HDMI to mini-HDMI adapter|
|DisplayPort adapter||HDMI to DVI adapter|
|DVI port||HDMI to VGA adapter|
|HDMI to DVI adapter|
|HDMI to VGA adapter|
Note: Some adapters may not be compatible or may cause performance problems.