How do I collect logs for Oculus Rift S or Rift?
If something isn't working as expected with your Oculus Rift S or Rift, or you're unable to install the Oculus software on your PC, collecting logs can help identify the problem.
If you're unable to install the Oculus app on your PC, collect setup logs:
- On your PC, press the Windows Key + R on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- In the Run window, type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Oculus\ and press Enter.
- Locate the OculusSetup.log file and save it.
If you're experiencing issues while using Oculus Rift S or Rift, collect logs from Oculus Diagnostics:
- Find your Oculus installation directory (C:\Program Files\Oculus if installed on the primary hard drive).
- Navigate to Support and then oculus-diagnostics.
- Double-click OculusLogGatherer and wait for an executable to appear.
- Select Get All Logs.
Once the log collection is finished, a .zip file containing the logs will be saved to your desktop.