I'm experiencing issues with Oculus Rift S or Rift and my MSI laptop.
If you're experiencing a black screen or compatibility issue with Rift S or Rift and your MSI laptop, try these troubleshooting steps:
- Ensure that your graphics card drivers are up-to-date. Learn more about updating your graphics card drivers.
- If the newest drivers don't solve the issue, please reach out to the MSI support team to update the VBIOS that enables HDCP on the DisplayPort.
- Disconnect and reconnect your Rift S or Rift from your MSI laptop:
- Unplug the USB cable from your MSI laptop.
- Unplug the mini DisplayPort or DisplayPort cable from your MSI laptop.
- First re-plug your USB cable into your MSI laptop.
- Wait 5 seconds, or until the light on your headset comes on.
- Re-plug your mini DisplayPort or DisplayPort cable into your MSI laptop.
- Restart your Oculus Service:
- Open the Oculus app on your computer.
- Click Settings on the left side of the app.
- Click Beta at the top of the settings options.
- Click Restart Oculus.
If you continue experiencing performance or connectivity issues with your Oculus Rift S and MSI laptop, please contact Meta Store support.
Note: PCs that have not been certified as “Oculus Ready” may experience compatibility or performance issues with Oculus headsets. Learn more about our Oculus Ready program.