Touch Controller troubleshooting: initial set up
If you're having trouble completing the controllers step in the initial set up process in VR, you may see a pairing code to pair manually.
To resolve the controller issue using the pairing code:
- Open the Meta Quest mobile app on your phone. If you don't already have the Meta Quest app, you can download it from either the App Store or Google Play store.
When you open the Meta Quest mobile app, you'll continue the set up process which includes:
- Signing in.
- Setting up a VR profile.
- Adjusting preferences and privacy settings.
- Creating a Store PIN.
- Adding payment information.
- Once you complete the steps listed above, choose your Meta Quest.
- Now, your headset will either pair automatically, or ask for the pairing code that was displayed while you were in VR.
- If you're still having trouble after your headset is paired, tap WiFi or Controller Issues?, then tap Pair Controllers.
- Follow the remaining steps displayed in your mobile app to resolve the issue.
If your headset remains stuck on the controller pairing screen: restart your headset, remove the batteries from each controller and put them back in, then follow the in-VR prompts.
If you're still having issues, please contact Support.