Adjust the fit and feel of your Meta Quest Pro
Your Meta Quest Pro headset comes with multiple adjustment points to ensure the best experience possible.
To adjust your headset's fit:
- Rear fit wheel
- Place the front pad on your forehead and then place the rear pad on the back of your head.
- Adjust the rear fit wheel until the headset fits without being so tight that it presses on your head or so loose that it slips down.
- Adjust where the headset is positioned on your head so that your eyes are centered with the display.
- Adjust the rear fit wheel once more to secure the headset on your head while maintaining comfort.
- Depth Wheel
- Adjust the depth wheel on the front of the headset. This changes the distance of the lenses from your eyes.
- You may find it easier to adjust the depth wheel while at the same time lifting the headset slightly. This puts less pressure on the depth wheel, making it easier to adjust.
- It can also be more challenging to adjust the depth wheel if you're wearing your headset particularly tight around your head. If this is the case, try loosening it a bit before adjusting for depth.
- When adjusting how far the lenses of your headset should be from your eyes, as long as you can navigate around in VR comfortably, the primary factor is just personal preference. Generally, if you wear glasses you will want a greater distance between your face and your headset lenses than if you don't wear glasses. If you find your eyes straining to see in-VR, you may want to bring the lenses a bit closer.
- Lens Spacing
- Adjust the lens spacing in the headset. This is also known as your IPD. Adjusting the lens spacing will improve image clarity.
- Use your fingers to gently push the lens more near or far from each other. You can stop adjusting the lenses when everyting on your screen is clear and comfortable to read.
- Keep in mind, because of the difference in lens technology, Meta Quest Pro has a greater range of comfortable IPDs for most users than previous headsets.
Once you’re done with your Meta Quest Pro - remove the headset by holding the front of your headset with both hands, pull it away and up from your face. To put it back on, put the back strap on the back of your head while holding the front of the device with both hands. Pull your headset up and towards your face.
For a more immersive experience, you can install the included partial light blockers. To install, line up the left and right partial light blockers with the headset until the magnets connect.
Additionally, if you enable Eye Tracking, your Meta Quest Pro can help ensure that you get the optimal fit and feel for your headset. To check and ensure you have optimal alignment:
How to turn it on or off:
- Put on your headset.
- Select Settings.
- Select Privacy.
- Select Device Permissions.
- Use the toggle to turn Eye Tracking on
- Select Calibrate Eye Tracking. You can repeat this process as often as you'd like.
If you weren't asked to calibrate a particular part of your headset fit, this is because that part of the fit process was evaluated and determined to be fit correctly.