Meta Quest Pro Initial Setup
When you take your Meta Quest Pro out of the box, it should already be charged and ready for setup. Follow the directions below for additional guidance.
From here you’ll progress through the first part of the in-VR tutorial including choosing a language and connecting to Wi-Fi, before moving on to adjusting the fit of your Meta Quest Pro.
If you enable it, your Meta Quest Pro will guide you through this process to help ensure an optimal fit. For more details on how to get the best fit with your Meta Quest Pro, check out our headset fit article.
Once you’ve completed the processes outlined above, you can remove your headset to begin pairing it with the Meta Quest Mobile App.
You won’t need your smartphone every time you use your headset, but you will need one to complete the initial pairing and setup process. To begin pairing:
The app should now automatically pair with your Quest Pro headset and controllers. If the Quest app does not automatically pair:
If you’re still having trouble with setting up your Meta Quest Pro, please contact support for additional assistance.
Now that you have your new Meta Quest Pro, here are some tips for keeping it safe and in good condition:
- It’s important that you keep direct sunlight away from the headset – the sun’s rays can cause permanent damage to the front part of the headset, the lenses, and the screen inside. Don’t place your Meta Quest Pro near a window or anywhere direct sunlight can hit the lens.
- The front faceplate is glass, so be sure to use the protective cover you received with your Meta Quest Pro to protect it from scratches when storing, traveling or when charging with a USB-C cable.
- Be sure to protect your headset when you aren't actively using it. We offer a custom-designed carrying case for Meta Quest Pro on the Meta Store, but if you prefer you can always use your own carrying case to ensure the headset is safe from scratches or falls.
- To clean the faceplate and lenses, use the cleaning cloth provided or a dry optical lens microfiber cloth. Don’t use liquid or chemical cleansers.
- To clean the straps and forehead pad, use non-abrasive, anti-bacterial wipes. Don’t use alcohol or an abrasive cleaning solution.
- The sensors and ventilation ports on the headset can accumulate dust and debris from use. You can carefully clean these with compressed air.