Charging your Meta Quest Pro
Both your Meta Quest Pro headset and Pro Touch controllers have rechargeable batteries. To accommodate this, a Meta Quest Pro Charging Dock ships in the box with your Quest headset. If you'd prefer a more portable option, the Meta Quest Pro Compact Charging dock can be purchased separately from the Meta store.
The Meta Quest Pro Charging Dock can charge both headset and controllers at the same time. Think of it as your desktop home for your headset and controllers, so they're nearby and ready to go when you are. The Charging Dock, along with a 45W adaptor is included in the box when you purchase Meta Quest Pro.
First time setup
Before you get started, make sure that you have a flat surface to put your Quest Pro Charging Dock on, and are using at least a 45W power adapter. We always recommend using the adapter that was designed for, and came with your device whenever possible.
- Take your 45W adapter and plug one end into the charging dock. Plug the other end into a wall outlet.
- Make sure that all the connections are snug.
- Connect your controllers to the charging dock by aligning the magnetic pins. When your controllers are properly docked, you'll hear an audio chime and feel a haptic buzz.
- Next, set your headset on the dock so that the magnetic pins align. Once your headset is successfully docked, you'll hear an audio chime.
If you're not hearing an audio chime, make sure that you've removed the protective cover before placing your headset on the charging dock. If you wear your headset on the tighter side, you may need to use the rear fit wheel to add a bit more space for everything to fit optimally.
Your headset, controllers, and dock all have status indicator LED lights to help you determine the charge level of your devices.
|LED Color||Device and Status||What it Means|
|Amber||Headset or controllers, on dock.||Charging|
|Green||Headset or controllers, on dock.||Charged|
|Solid Red||Headset or controllers, on dock.||Batteries are less than 3% charged|
|Blinking Red||Headset or controllers, in use||You're trying to use a controller or a headset with less than 3% battery.|
|Solid Red||Dock itself, with headset and controllers properly seated.||Your adapter is less than 45W and won't power the dock.|
If you'd like to learn more about the different LED indicators and what they mean outside of the context of charging, check out our other articles on Meta Quest Pro Headset LEDs and Meta Quest Pro Controller LEDs
If you're traveling with your Meta Quest Pro and didn't have room for your charging dock, your headset can be charged directly with the included 45W adapter. You can charge each controller one at a time, by using the 45W adapter along with the controller charge cable that came with your Meta Quest Pro headset.
Alternatively, the Meta Quest Pro Compact Charging Dock, while sold as a separate accessory from Meta Quest Pro headset, can charge both controllers as well as your headset while still remaining small enough to fit into most headset travel cases.
To use the Meta Quest Pro Compact Charging Dock:
- Take your 45W adapter and plug one end into the compact charging dock. Plug the other end into a wall outlet.
- Plug in the 25cm cable that came with your Compact Charging dock, then plug the other end into your Meta Quest Pro headset. Your headset should be sitting next to the dock as indicated in the image below.
- Connect your controllers to the dock by lining up the magnetic pins.
If you're having trouble with the alignment:
- Before placing them on the charger, hold your controllers in either hand as if you were about to use them in VR.
- While still holding your controllers, bring the faces of the controllers where the buttons are together. When you get the left and right controllers aligned to each other, they should attach magnetically.
- Now, the magnetized Touch Pro controllers will hold each other in place, helping you maintain the correct angle and spacing to get everything lined up.