Install the Oculus app on your PC
You don't need to download this app on your computer if you have a Meta Quest headset and aren't using a Link cable or Air Link. Meta Quest headsets are set up using the Meta Quest mobile app for your phone.
To use your Meta Quest Link cable, Meta Quest Air Link, Oculus Rift S or Oculus Rift, you'll need to download the Oculus Desktop app on your Windows PC. Before you install the Oculus Desktop app, check to make sure that your hard drive has at least 9.29GB of free disk space.
To download and install the Oculus desktop app on your computer:
- Go to our app download page.
- Find your product and click Download Software. The Oculus app will begin downloading to your computer.
- Open the Oculus Setup app from the Downloads folder on your computer and click Get Started.
- Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions to continue.
- Select the drive you want to install the Oculus app to by clicking the dropdown underneath Location.
- Click Install Now. When the install is complete, log in to or create your account.
If you want to change the install location of the Oculus app once it's installed you'll need to uninstall and reinstall the Oculus app and assign the new drive during the setup screen.
Learn how to manage and save Oculus PC apps in different locations on your computer.