How do I set up my Xbox One controller to use with my Oculus Rift?
The Xbox One controller is an optional controller that you can use with your Oculus Rift. If you'd like to use an Xbox One controller, you can choose to buy one separately.
Setting Up Your Xbox One Controller Wirelessly
To setup your Xbox One controller wirelessly:
- Insert 2 AA batteries into the back of your controller.
- Plug the Xbox One wireless adapter into your computer. If the USB port you're using is behind your computer, you can use the USB extender.
- Press the sync button on the Xbox One wireless adapter. The LED light will begin to blink.
- Hold down the Xbox button on your controller. The Xbox button will start to blink slowly.
- Hold down the sync button on the controller until the Xbox button blinks faster. It'll stop blinking when paired.
Setting Up Your Wired Xbox One Controller
To setup a wired Xbox One controller:
- Insert 2 AA batteries into the back of your controller
- Plug a micro USB cable into the top of your controller and then plug USB end into your computer