Quest 2 Accessories
Elite Strap with Battery
Using the Meta Quest 2 Elite Strap With Battery
If you want to extend the battery life of your Meta Quest 2, you can purchase the Meta Quest 2 Elite Strap With Battery. This accessory enhances the fit and comfort of your Meta Quest 2 with rigid straps, a rear hammock for weight distribution and extends the playtime of Meta Quest 2.
Battery level monitoring
When you use the Elite Strap With Battery on your Meta Quest 2, the main battery status indicators such as the LED on the side of your headset, and the main battery level shown in your headset, will show the combined battery level of your Meta Quest 2 and Elite Strap With Battery. If you select the headset power icon in VR, it will show you a more detailed view of the battery status with separate charge levels for the internal headset battery and Elite Strap battery.
In addition to monitoring the color of the LED on your Meta Quest 2, you can also see battery levels in-VR:
In your headset, on the universal toolbar, you'll see the combined level of your headset with your Elite Strap With Battery. You'll know that you're seeing the combined battery level when your headset icon is replaced by your headset with Elite Strap + Battery icon . You can also hover over the icon to see a breakdown of battery levels for your headset and Elite strap + Battery.
Charging the Elite Strap With Battery
We strongly recommend that you only use the USB-C charging cable and power adapter that was included with your Meta Quest 2 headset to charge the Elite Strap With Battery. Other chargers could damage the battery or headset.
Learn more about how to optimize charging for your Elite Strap With Battery
Elite Strap with Battery performance information
The examples below represent how the combined battery level of your headset and Elite Strap With Battery will behave in different situations.
- If the internal battery for your Meta Quest 2 is charged, but the Elite Strap battery is still charging, the status indicators will show that the devices are charging.
- When the Elite Strap battery is plugged into your Meta Quest 2, the LED on your headset will turn on for 5 seconds.
If both batteries are fully charged, the LED will turn green.
- If the Elite Strap is providing a charge to the headset, the LED will turn orange.
After 5 seconds, the LED will shut off to preserve power unless the Elite Strap is plugged into the Meta Quest 2 power adapter and is actively receiving current. In this case, the LED will stay lit.
- Your Meta Quest 2 will use up all of the charge in the Elite Strap With Battery before it starts to use up the internal battery.
- If the combined battery level of your Meta Quest 2 and Elite Strap battery drops below 10%, the LED on your Meta Quest 2 will turn red to indicate the low battery levels. It will remain red until the combined battery level goes back above 10%, or the headset is turned off.
Issues with a Link cable and Elite Strap with Battery
The Elite Strap With Battery doesn’t support “pass-through” of Link data. The Link cable can power the Elite Strap, but you won’t be able to access your PC content library through it.
To use the Link cable to access your PC library, unplug the Elite Strap With Battery cable from your headset and plug the Link cable into the Meta Quest 2’s USB-C port.
Meta Quest headset charging
To keep your Meta Quest 2 or Meta Quest in good working condition, you should only charge your headset with the charger that was included in the box. You should also avoid charging your headset while it's in use.
Elite Strap With Battery charging behavior
Meta Quest 2 and the Elite Strap With Battery both utilize “Optimized Battery Charging." Optimized Battery Charging takes multiple factors into account in order to provide the best overall charging and usage experience. This means that the battery may not charge to 100% at all times while in use.
Elite Strap with Battery and Link Cable Compatibility
You can’t use your Elite Strap With Battery and your Link Cable simultaneously. You can leave the strap attached to Meta Quest 2, but to use your Link cable you’ll need to unplug the Elite Strap’s USB-C charging cable from the headset and plug in the Link cable.
Tracked keyboards for Meta Quest 2
To help make Meta Quest 2 a more versatile device, your headset can support a growing list of bluetooth tracked keyboards to use in VR. Once you pair a supported keyboard to your Meta Quest 2, you'll see a 3D representation of both the keyboard and your hands while in your home environment or a supported app.
Supported keyboard models
Currently, Meta Quest 2 supports the following keyboard models:
- Logitech K830
- Logitech K375s
- Logitech MX Keys universal
- Logitech MX Keys for Mac
- Logitech MX Keys mini universal in pale gray
- Logitech MX Keys mini for Mac
- Apple Magic Keyboard
- Apple Magic Keyboard with numeric keypad
If you don't see your keyboard listed above yet, check back here for future updates as we continue to add to this feature.
Setting up your tracked keyboard
If you've added a supported keyboards via Bluetooth to your headset previously, when you turn on your headset you'll see a prompt asking if you want to see your keyboard in VR. If you don't see your keyboard pop up automatically once connected via Bluetooth, follow the steps below.
- Ensure that you have hand tracking turned on. This feature is required to be able to view your keyboard in VR.
- Press on your right Touch controller to pull up your universal menu.
- Hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
- Select Settings.
- Select Devices, then select Keyboard.
- Select Edit next to Bluetooth Keyboard.
- Select your keyboard manufacturer and model.
- Once your keyboard finishes loading, you should now be able to see it and use it in VR.