Troubleshooting a Wi-Fi connection issue with your Oculus Go
If you receive an error while trying to connect your Oculus Go to Wi-Fi, you may need to connect to another Wi-Fi network.
To change the Wi-Fi network your Oculus Go is connected to from your phone:
- Turn on your Oculus Go and open the Oculus app on your phone.
- Tap Devices from the bottom menu.
- Tap the headset that you are currently using.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- Tap the new Wi-Fi network you’d like to connect to and enter the password, if prompted.
To change the Wi-Fi network your Oculus Go is connected to from your Oculus Go:
- Turn on your Oculus Go and put on your headset.
- Select Settings from the bottom toolbar menu.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Select the Wi-Fi network you'd like to connect to.
- If prompted, enter the password for the Wi-Fi network you'd like to connect to.
- Select Connect to connect to the Wi-Fi network.
To troubleshoot Wi-Fi issues using RouteThis Helps:
You can use RouteThis Helps, an app for your iOS or Android phone or tablet, to help diagnose your Wi-Fi issues.
Download RouteThis Helps app on your iOS or Android phone or tablet.
Open RouteThis Helps app and tap Begin.
Enter the code FBRL.
Stand within 6 feet of your Oculus Headset and tap Next, then tap Network Scan.
The scan takes about 2 minutes. Keep the app open while the scan is running.
When the scan finishes, you will see a screen displaying your Wi-Fi speed result. Tap Improve Device Performance and follow the instructions in the app.
If you still can't connect to Wi-Fi, please contact Meta Store support. In the top right of the RouteThis Helps app, find Your Key and include the code in your Oculus Support request.
Note: You won't be able to use a captive portal, a web page that prompts you to interact with it before connecting you to the internet, to set up Oculus Go.
Captive portals are commonly used by public Wi-Fi networks in businesses, airports, hotels, and other venues that offer free Wi-Fi hotspots. While this type of network won't work to set up your Oculus Go, it may work after completing your initial setup.