Backing up your Oculus Rift S or Rift content
When the Oculus app is uninstalled, any content you’ve downloaded for your Oculus Rift S or Rift will also be uninstalled. To make sure you don’t have to install your content again, you can back up your Oculus software folder in case you ever need to uninstall the Oculus app.
To backup the content you’ve downloaded:
To restore the content you’ve downloaded:
Once you restart the Oculus app, make sure to restore the content by clicking Download. Once you restore your content, it'll show up in your Oculus library.
Note: If you restore your games from a backup, you’ll lose your saved games.
To move content you've downloaded between multiple Libraries:
You can add, remove, or delete Library Locations to save apps and files for your Oculus Rift S or Rift to different locations on your computer. Once you've created multiple Library Locations, you can move content you've downloaded from one Library Location to another:
- From your computer desktop, locate and open both Library Location folders in Windows File Explorer.
- If you left the Oculus app to install at the default location, your old Library folder can be found at C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software. If you changed the install location for the Oculus app, your old Library folder will be found at the location you chose.
- Open the Task Manager app on your computer and navigate to the Services tab, stop OVRService and close the Oculus app.
- In your old Library folder, find the game folder for the game you'd like to move (ex: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software).
- Cut the game folder and paste it into your new Library folder.
- In your old Library folder, find the Manifest folder (ex: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Manifests), cut the two files for the game you want to move, and paste them into the new Library's Manifest folder.
- In Task Manager, navigate to the Services tab and start OVRService.
- Open the Oculus app and select Restart Oculus under the Beta tab within your Settings menu.
Your game should now be available in your new Library Location.