Caring for your Oculus Rift S or Rift
It’s important to take care of your Oculus Rift or Rift S and secure it in a safe place. Keep in mind your limited warranty doesn’t cover normal wear and tear or physical damages.
To keep your Oculus Rift or Rift S safe, follow these tips:
- To avoid damaging your lenses and display, keep your Rift or Rift S away from direct sunlight.
- To avoid scratching your lenses, keep your Rift or Rift S away from sharp objects (example: cable tips, keys).
- To avoid general damage:
- Don’t leave your Rift or Rift S in extremely hot locations (example: inside of a car).
- Don’t leave your Rift or Rift S near heat sources (example: furnace).
- Don’t leave your Rift or Rift S near pets or small children.
- Don’t eat, drink or smoke near your Rift or Rift S.
- Make sure to clear your play area of any objects, wires or people you may knock into or trip over when using your Rift or Rift S.
- Secure your Rift or Rift S in a safe place when you’re not using it.