Using Home on my Oculus Rift S or Rift
Home allows you to customize your VR space, play with interactive objects, show achievements and experiences and browse and interact with your friends' Homes. When you first enter your Home, a tutorial will walk you through the basic functionality. You can re-enable this tutorial later through the Home settings menu if you want to run it again.
Using Oculus Home Menus:
To bring up the Home menus, press the menu button on the left Touch controller or push the menu button on your virtual wristwatch with your finger while in VR. The menu is broken into two components: the Navigation Panel on the left and the Main Panel on the right. Select from the Navigation Panel to access different options:
- Overview: Selecting the top of the Navigation Panel reveals details of your current location. When in your own home you can change your privacy settings from here.
- Guest List: You may also review who is currently visiting your Home and invite your friends to join you.
- Places: Visit recommended Homes, or your friends' Homes that you have permission to access.
- Inventory: Access various customization elements. Point at an item and use the grip trigger on either Touch controller to grab elements and place them in your Home.
- Notifications panel: Collect elements you've earned in VR.
- Preferences: Modify various Home settings, including adjusting your navigation, editor and audio settings.
- Help: Find tutorials on how to interact with your Home.
Grabbing and Positioning Elements:
When in Home, you can reach out and grab decorative and interactive elements. From a distance, point with your index finger with either hand to bring up a laser pointer and use the grab trigger to grab and reposition the element you have selected. While grabbing an element, you can use your Touch controllers to manipulate its position and rotation:
- Pushing the thumbstick forward and back will push the element you're grabbing further and closer. If the object is an interactive element, you can pull the item all the way back to your hand to hold it and use it interactively.
- Pushing the thumbstick side to side will rotate the element you're holding.
- While holding an element in the air, pushing the thumbstick in so that it clicks will change the axis that the element rotates around when pushing the thumbstick side to side.
- While holding an object, pull the trigger on the controller to switch between Scale and Rotate modes. While in Scale mode, push the thumbstick side to side to increase or decrease the size of the object.
- Pressing the B or Y button while holding an element will cause it to be put back in your inventory.
- You can grab multiple elements by pointing and pressing A, X, or either trigger to group select multiple objects. When you have multiple objects selected, grabbing any object in the selection will grab and manipulate all of them simultaneously.