How do I transfer pictures or videos from my computer to my Meta Quest 2 or Meta Quest?
To transfer photos and videos from your computer to your Meta Quest 2 or Meta Quest headset:
- Connect the included USB 2.0 cable to your computer and headset.
- Put on your headset and select Accept to confirm you want to allow your computer to access files on the headset.
- On Windows, your headset will automatically appear as a drive on your computer.
- On Mac, you'll need to install Android File Transfer to successfully transfer files between your Meta Quest and computer.
- On Chromebook/Chrome OS, you'll need to use the Files app to access your Meta Quest headset.
- Click and drag files to or from your Meta Quest headset on your computer.
If your Meta Quest headset is not appearing as a drive on your Windows PC:
- Make sure to use the included USB cable that came with your Meta Quest 2 or Meta Quest.
- Make sure to select Accept in VR from your headset to allow your computer to access files on your headset.
- Update your device driver:
- From your PC desktop, right click on This PC or My Computer.
- Select Computer.
- Select Manage.
- Select Device Manager.
- If you don't see the Manage option, just select Device Manager directly.
- Click the > next to Devices or Portable Devices to expand your options.
- Right click on Meta Quest and select Update Driver.
- Select the Browse my computer option, then the Let me pick from a list option.
- Select MTP USB Device and then select Next to complete the update.
Note: If you're experiencing slow transfer speeds, try using a USB 3.0 cable plugged into a USB 3.0 port on your computer.