How do I transfer files from my Meta Quest to my Meta Quest 2?
Transferring files from your Meta Quest to your Meta Quest 2:
- Connect the included USB 2.0 cable to your computer and Meta Quest headset.
- Put on your headset and select Allow to confirm you want to allow your computer to access files on the headset.
- On Windows, Meta Quest will automatically appear as a drive on your computer.
- On Mac, you'll need to install Android File Transfer to successfully transfer files between your Meta Quest and computer.
- On Chromebook/Chrome OS, you'll need to use the Files app to access your Meta Quest headset.
- Click and drag files from your Meta Quest headset on your computer.
- Unplug your Meta Quest.
- Plug in your Meta Quest 2.
- Drag the files from your computer into the appropriate folders on your Meta Quest 2.
Troubleshooting file transfer from your Meta Quest to your Meta Quest 2:
If your Meta Quest headset is not appearing as a drive on your Windows PC:
- Make sure to use the included USB cable from your Meta Quest package.
- Make sure to select Allow in VR from your headset to allow your computer to access files on your headset.
- Update your device driver:
- From your PC desktop, right-click on This PC or My Computer.
- Select Computer.
- Select Manage.
- Select Device Manager.
- If you don't see the Manage option, just select Device Manager directly.
- Click the > next to Devices or Portable Devices to expand your options.
- Right-click on Meta Quest and select Update Driver.
- Select the Browse my computer option, then the Let me pick from a list option.
- Select MTP USB Device and then select Next to complete the update.
- Some apps and games have implemented a cloud save option to bring over app data and game saves.
- If you're experiencing slow transfer speeds, try using a USB 3.0 cable plugged into a USB 3.0 port on your computer.