Add sound to your world in Meta Horizon Worlds
There are a variety of sounds available to use in Build Mode. You can add them to your world from the Build section of the Creator Menu including:
- Sound effects
To add a sound to your world:
- From your Creator Menu, select Sounds.
- Find a sound you want, then grab the sound and pull it into your world.
Each sound is a considered to be one object, and all sounds have a properties panel with a Sound tab to preview the sound and make adjustments.
Sound properties include:
- Preview Audio: Tap Play to hear the sound.
- Pitch: Use this to adjust the playback speed.
- Minimum Distance: The distance (in meters) at which a sound will be heard at maximum volume.
- Maximum Distance: The distance (in meters) at which a sound will no longer be heard.
- Global: Turn this on to make the sound heard globally at the same volume regardless of a player's position in the world. Turning Global off means the sound will be perceived as coming from the sound's location in the world.
- Play on Start: Turn this on to have the sound start playing as soon as a player enters the world.
- Volume: This will adjust the sound's volume.
- Name: The name of the sound.
Note: Some properties aren't available for certain sounds.