Migrate to a Meta account for Workrooms
Beginning August 30 2022, you'll need a Meta account to continue using the Workrooms VR app and the Workrooms web app. This means you’ll no longer be able to access Workrooms using a Workrooms account.
If you have an existing Workrooms account, you can migrate your account and any workrooms you created to your new Meta account. Your notes, files, whiteboard export and chat will be migrated along with your workrooms.
If you choose not to migrate your Workrooms account to a Meta account, Meta Store Support can help you download your existing workroom materials. After November 30, any workrooms and files not migrated or downloaded will be permanently deleted.
To migrate an existing Workrooms account:
- Once you’ve created your new Meta account, sign up for Workrooms with your Meta account at workrooms.workplace.com/signup.
- From the Workrooms web app, click your profile picture in the bottom right corner.
- Click Settings.
- Click Account migration in the left menu, then click Migrate account.
- Enter the email address associated with your Workrooms account, then click Continue. This will send a verification code to the email address you provided.
- Click Verify email in the email you received, or enter the verification code and click Continue.
- Click Migrate account below the account you want to migrate, then click Continue to complete your account migration.
- You can migrate additional accounts by clicking Migrate another account on the confirmation screen.
Can I be logged in to one Meta account on my headset but use another Meta account for Workrooms?
- No, you must be logged in to the same Meta account on your headset and Workrooms. Keep in mind, you can add multiple Meta accounts to your headset.
Can I select which workrooms in a Workrooms team that I want to migrate?
- No. When you migrate workrooms from a Workrooms account, all workrooms under that account will be migrated.
What happens if I have migrated but other members of my workrooms have not?
- Other members of your previous workrooms will not have access to the workrooms and meetings unless they have also created new Meta accounts to sign in to Workrooms and chose to migrate their workrooms, or have been invited to the workroom again.
I have multiple Workrooms accounts today under different emails, can I migrate my workrooms across different accounts?
- Yes, you can merge workrooms from multiple previous Workrooms accounts under your new Meta account, even if you had registered Workrooms accounts under different email addresses.
How will my Workrooms teams change after migrating to a Meta account?
- With Workrooms moving to Meta accounts, the concept of Workrooms teams was removed. If you were part of multiple Workrooms teams, you can migrate them under one Meta account and access all of your workrooms in one place.
Do I need to create a Meta account to use Meta Quest Remote Desktop?
- Yes, in order to continue using the Meta Quest Remote Desktop app to use your computer in VR, you need to log in to Remote Desktop using the same Meta account that you use for your headset and Workrooms.