Requirements to use Meta Horizon Workrooms in VR
Here's a list of what you need in order to use Workrooms in VR:
- Meta Quest 2
- A Meta Quest 2 headset is required for anyone who wants to join Workrooms meetings in VR.
- You can also join Workrooms meetings from video call on desktop if you don’t have a Meta Quest 2.
- Meta account
- If you’re creating a workroom or if you want to join a Workrooms meeting in VR, you will need to log into your Meta Quest 2 headset, which requires a Meta account.
- If Guest Access is turned on for a workroom, members of the workroom can share a link for non-members to join meetings via video call. As a guest, you do not need to create a Meta account. Guests invited to a workroom should be older than 18 and will be asked to confirm their age before they can join a meeting.
- Download and install Horizon Workrooms
- You can download and install Horizon Workrooms from the Meta Quest Store using your Meta Quest 2 headset or the Oculus mobile app.
- Sign up for Workrooms using your Meta account at workrooms.workplace.com/signup.
- Physical space
- To safely and comfortably use Workrooms in VR, we recommend having a space of at least 4 feet x 4 feet (1.22 x 1.22 meters) to use your virtual desk, or 6.5 feet x 5 feet (1.98 x 1.52 meters) to use the virtual whiteboard.
- Physical desk
- Workrooms was designed to bring your real-life work desk into VR. While you don’t need to have a physical desk, you will need to have a level, flat surface available to use Workrooms.