Cast to a screen with Meta Quest
Casting with Meta Quest allows you to share what you’re seeing in VR with others around you. You can cast to your computer, phone, or supported Chromecast device.
- Download the Oculus mobile app to your phone.
- Make sure your phone and headset are on the same Wi-Fi network and that they can directly communicate with each other.
- Your TV or device must support Chromecast. If it's not supported, you can cast to your phone's Oculus app.
- From the Oculus app, tap Menu then tap Casting.
- Tap on your headset then tap the device you want to cast to.
- If you don't see your screen at first, tap Other Devices to search your network for an available device.
Tap Start to begin casting.
Tap Stop casting in the Oculus app when you're ready to stop sharing.
Note: If you close the Oculus app or open a different app on your phone, casting will be stopped.
If you're having issues trying to cast:
- Restart your headset, phone and your casting device.
- Before you begin casting, make sure your headset and the device that you’re casting to can directly communicate with each other.
- Check for software updates on your headset, phone and your casting device.
- Restart your Wi-Fi router.
To troubleshoot your Chromecast device, visit Google's Chromecast Help page.
- Certain mesh networks and corporate or certificate-based networks may not support casting due to blocks for security purposes.These blocks are common on home guest networks, corporate and commercial networks (ex: at a hotel or airport), and some cellular tethering systems. If you can’t connect your casting device and headset to each other, please try a different network.
- TVs with built-in Chromecast or other smart functionality may be supported, but compatibility can't be guaranteed with all models.
- You may experience issues when casting and recording simultaneously.
- Casting may increase battery usage or degrade in-app performance.