Create or edit an avatar for your Meta Horizon profile
You can create an avatar for your Meta Horizon profile. To help people interact with you in VR and other surfaces (like the web) where you use your Meta Horizon profile, your avatar is public. You can use the same avatar across your Meta Horizon profile and other profiles like Instagram by updating your sync settings in Accounts Center.
To create or edit an avatar using your Meta Quest 2 or Meta quest:
- Put on your Meta Quest 2 headset.
- Select your profile picture from the navigation menu, then select Edit Avatar.
- Select a category under Appearance in the left menu to customize your avatar.
- When you're done, select Save Avatar & Exit on the bottom.
To create or edit an avatar using your Oculus Rift or Rift S:
- Put on your Rift or Rift S headset and go to Oculus Home.
- Next to your profile picture in the top right, select Edit Avatar.
- Select Start in the center of the mirror.
- Select Head, Wardrobe or Palette on the left to customize your avatar.
- When you're done, select Exit on the right.