How does Meta collect and use data for phone notifications in VR?
When you set up phone notifications, you can see app notifications from your phone while you’re in VR. To display your phone notifications in VR, your headset receives some information regarding the notifications, including:
- The content and title of the notifications.
- The date and time of the notifications.
- The name and icon of the app that is sending the notification.
- The name of the apps with enabled phone notifications.
- Your Meta Quest settings for where you want app notifications to appear in VR.
This information is temporarily stored on your headset so you can view the notifications in your notifications feed. The information is automatically deleted once you turn off or restart your headset at the end of a session.
When this feature is in use, your headset also collects certain data from your phone about your mobile apps and Meta Quest settings, for example: The name of the apps with enabled phone notifications. Your Meta Quest settings for where you want app notifications to appear in VR.
This information is used to understand your preferences for where and when you want to see phone notifications in VR. This data is stored directly on your headset and is deleted when your device is factory reset.