Legal and privacy information for Ray-ban Stories
- Belgium (Online Only)
- United Kingdom
- United States
How can I control my privacy with Facebook view?
You can update and control your Privacy Settings in the Facebook View app.
To view and manage your settings:
- From Facebook View, tap on your profile photo in the top right.
- Tap Privacy Settings.
Keep in mind, you’re in control of when your device takes photos and videos. Your glasses require you to push a button or give a voice command. You can also turn your glasses off by sliding the power switch all the way to the left. Your glasses cannot take photos or record video while they are off.
The photos and videos you take on your device will not be uploaded to your social media accounts, text messages or your phone’s photo album without your permission.
To share an individual photo or video:
- From Facebook View, tap on a capture.
- Tap Share in the bottom right, then scroll to select where you want to share the capture to.
- You'll have the option to share to other apps on your phone or to save to your phone's photo library.
To automatically save your captures to your photo library:
- From Facebook View, tap on your profile picture in the top right.
- Tap Settings, tap General, then tap Capture Preferences.
- Turn on Automatically Save a Copy.
- This will save your captures to your photo library every time you import or make a new creation.
Why does Facebook View ask to use the location services of my Android device?
Google requires location services to be turned on and location permissions to be granted when an Android app uses Bluetooth and Wi-fi to connect to hardware and share media. Location services and location permissions are required to connect Ray-Ban Stories to Facebook View and your Android phone, but won't be used to track or record your location when using Facebook View.
To learn more about the technical requirements from Google, visit the Android developer website.
Best practices when using Ray-Ban Stories around other people
It’s important to respect the comfort and privacy of other people when using Ray-Ban Stories. If you want to capture a photo or video, make sure you ask for permission from those around you. You should avoid using your glasses in sensitive locations, places you would not want to be captured or where there is an expectation of privacy. For more tips, see our responsible use guidelines.
A capture LED will light up to let people around you know when the camera is in use.
- Photo capture: Solid white LED light for one second
- Video capture: Solid white LED light during recording
How do I know when someone is recording a video or taking a picture with Ray-Ban Stories?
When someone takes a picture or records video with their glasses using the physical button or voice command, an external capture LED light turns on. This signals to others that the glasses are in use.
We won’t access your photos and videos captured with the Glasses and stored in the App unless you choose to upload them to certain services provided by Meta (i.e., Facebook or Instagram). If you choose to upload your photos and videos to any other app, that app’s terms apply. Meta collects essential data needed to keep your Glasses and the App running, and allows you to opt in to provide additional data to improve your experience. Choosing to share additional data does not give Meta access to the photos and videos created with your Glasses. You can find more details about this data and the choice you have below.
Essential data is information needed to help keep the Glasses and the App reliable, secure, and operating normally. We primarily use this data to ensure that the Glasses and the App are operating normally, that you are correctly signed in, your security and privacy are not compromised, and to diagnose and fix any problems that you might have with the Glasses or the App. Essential data includes the following types of data:
- Data required to provide our services, such as:
- Your User ID, email and password, which are required to authenticate you with Facebook.
- Your notifications preference, which are needed to send notifications.
- Your settings to know if you have enabled voice services.
- Data required to operate the Glasses and the App, such as:
- Status of Bluetooth connectivity.
- Battery status to alert you when your battery is low.
- Status of Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Operating system version number to ensure the Glasses and the App are up to date.
- Any errors or crashes that occurred on the Glasses to ensure we fix them for normal functioning of the Glasses and the App.
- Imports of photos and videos from the Glasses to the App and delays associated with that transfer.
Additional data is information about how you use the Glasses and the App, which we primarily use to improve Facebook View. In particular, we use this data to evaluate the usefulness of the features we are developing, which enables us to decide what to build in order to offer features people find value in. If you choose to share Additional data, it may be combined with Essential data. Additional data includes the following:
- Data about your usage of the features we offer such as:
- Number of photos and videos you capture.
- Length of videos you captured.
- Number of times you used editing tools to enhance photos and videos.
- Number of times you saved photos or videos to the camera roll.
- Information about how you share photos and videos from the App such as when you share, the type of apps you share to or the method you use to share (for example, whether you use AirDrop).
- Data about performance of the features used:
- Delays associated with downloading images to camera roll.
- Delays associated with editing images.
You can choose to share additional data during your initial setup, or change your choice at any time in Settings.
To change your preference in Settings:
- Open Facebook View and tap your profile photo.
- Tap Privacy Settings, then select your preference for Share Additional Data.
What happens to my photos and videos if I delete Facebook View?
When you delete Facebook View from your phone, the photos and videos in Captures will also be deleted. To avoid losing captures you want to keep, save them to the camera roll of your phone before deleting the app.
Photos and videos that were saved to your camera roll will not be deleted when you delete the Facebook View app.
How do I download my information for Ray-Ban Stories?
You can download stored transcripts and related data, like the serial number of your glasses, or the general category of your voice interaction in the Download Your Information section of Your Facebook Information, which is located in Facebook Settings. You can also see if you’ve opted in to share additional data with Facebook.
To begin downloading your information, follow the steps in the Facebook Help Center. Select Facebook View to download your information.
Keep in mind, if you perform a factory reset to your glasses, you will still see the serial number of your device associated with your account until they’ve been paired to a new account.
Supplemental Facebook View Terms of Service
Supplemental Facebook View Terms of Service
Effective Date: August 19, 2022
Meta Platforms, Inc. ("Meta" or "we" or "us" or "our") allows you to interact with your environment in new and innovative ways through smart glasses (the “Glasses”) and a companion mobile app (the “App”) to provide an array of services and features. Your use of the software on the Glasses, the App, and their related services and features (together, “Facebook View”) is governed by both the Meta Terms of Service (available at facebook.com/terms/) and these Supplemental Facebook View Terms of Service (these “Facebook View Terms,” and together with the Meta Terms of Service, the “Terms”), which together form an agreement between you and Meta. The term “Meta Products” as used in our terms and policies includes Facebook View. By using Facebook View, you agree to the Terms.
Facebook View is intended solely for users who are 13 or older. Any registration for, or use of, Facebook View by anyone under the age of 13 is unauthorized, unlicensed and in violation of these Facebook View Terms. You certify that you are of the legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside or, if you are between the ages of 13 and the legal age of majority, that you are using Facebook View with the supervision of your parent or legal guardian who agrees to be bound by the Terms, and that you have reviewed the Terms with your parent or guardian so that you both understand all of your rights and obligations.
ARBITRATION NOTICE: YOU AGREE THAT DISPUTES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THESE FACEBOOK VIEW TERMS OR YOUR USE OF FACEBOOK VIEW WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHTS TO A JURY TRIAL AND TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT OR CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION, AS FURTHER STATED BELOW. WE EXPLAIN SOME EXCEPTIONS AND HOW YOU CAN OPT OUT OF ARBITRATION BELOW.
- Your Commitments to Meta and Our Community
- Your responsibility for your use of Facebook View. You are responsible for complying with all applicable laws when using Facebook View, and for providing any notice or obtaining any consents, as required under video recording, audio recording, biometric data, or other privacy, data protection, or other applicable laws, from other individuals who use your Facebook View or interact with you while you are using Facebook View. You are also responsible for using Facebook View in a safe, lawful, and respectful manner. You may not tamper with the Glasses, or otherwise obscure or modify any of the features on the Glasses that signal to others that the Glasses are recording (including the external-facing LED light). Facebook View is intended for purely personal or household use. You may only use Facebook View for personal non-commercial purposes subject to the Terms and any other terms made available by us relating to Facebook View. Except to the extent such restriction is prohibited under applicable law, you will not disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, decrypt, or attempt to derive any code or extract software from Facebook View. Except to the extent expressly permitted by us, you will not prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, license, sell, rent, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast or otherwise exploit Facebook View or any software, content, or services made available on or through Facebook View.
- Your responsibility for other users of your Facebook View. Each person, including you, who uses any portion of your Facebook View is referred to in these Facebook View Terms as a user of such Facebook View. You are responsible for the activities of all users of your Facebook View, and for their compliance with the Terms.
- The Permissions You Give Us
- Permission to use content you create and share. We need certain permissions from you to provide Facebook View. For the avoidance of doubt, the license granted in Section 3.C.1 of the Meta Terms of Service includes content that you share, post, or upload on or in connection with Facebook View (consistent with applicable settings). This means, for example, that if you share, post, or upload videos using Facebook View, you give us permission to store, copy, and share them with other Meta Company Products or service providers that support those Meta Company Products and services. This license is solely for the purposes of providing and improving Meta Company Products (including Facebook View), including as described in Section 1 of the Meta Terms of Service and in these Facebook View Terms and will end when your content is deleted from our systems (as described in more detail in Section 3.C.1 of the Meta Terms of Service).
- Permission to update software you use or download. As stated in Section 3.C.3 of the Meta Terms of Service, if you download or use our software, you give us permission to download and install updates to the software where available. For clarity, this right includes permission to download and install updates to software embedded on your Glasses, including during setup.
- Additional Provisions
- Content and Software License. Except as otherwise agreed upon, if we enable the use of software, content or other materials owned or licensed by us in Facebook View or otherwise ("Software and Content"), we hereby grant you a limited, nonexclusive, non-sublicensable license to use the Software and Content solely for personal and noncommercial purposes, solely on the hardware for which it was intended, and conditioned on your compliance with the Terms. You will not use, copy, adapt, modify, translate, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, decrypt, attempt to derive the source code of, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, license, sell, rent, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast or otherwise exploit the Software and Content, except as expressly permitted by us or as permitted under applicable law. Any unauthorized use of the Software and Content and Facebook View is strictly prohibited and will terminate the license granted in the Terms. No licenses or rights are granted to you by implication or otherwise, except for the licenses and rights expressly granted to you.
- Functionality may change or be limited. To access and use certain features of Facebook View, a Facebook account is required, eligibility for which is stated in Section 3.A of the Meta Terms of Service. Facebook View’s functionality, performance, or both may change over time. We may introduce new features, impose limits on, suspend, eliminate, change, or update certain existing features or any part of Facebook View, or restrict access to parts or all of any Facebook View products or services. We may offer limited versions of Facebook View. These versions may have limited features, restrict the permitted time of use and contain other limitations. If a feature, service, software, or content is no longer available, information, data, or content created or provided by you in connection with such feature, service, software, or content may be deleted or become inaccessible, and you should not exclusively rely on any feature, service, software or content to store or preserve such information, data or content.
- Account suspension or termination. In addition to what is stated in Section 4.B of the Meta Terms of Service, your access to or use of Facebook View may be suspended, disabled, or terminated and you may lose access to, or use of part or all of, the services offered by Meta or third parties through Facebook View (including any of your information, data, or content associated with such services), if: (1) we determine, in our discretion, that you have clearly, seriously, or repeatedly breached the Terms, Community Standards, or other terms and policies that apply to your use of Facebook View; (2) we believe your access to, or use of, Facebook View creates a health and safety risk; or (3) Meta disables or deletes your Facebook account. Furthermore, we may suspend, disable or terminate your access to or use of Facebook View if you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights or if we are required to do so for legal reasons. Meta and its affiliates assume no liability for such loss of access and use and will have no obligations related to such loss. If you terminate or we suspend, disable, or terminate your access to or use of Facebook View, these Facebook View Terms shall terminate as an agreement between you and us, but certain sections will survive termination as provided in Section 3(11) below.
- Updates to these Facebook View Terms. These Facebook View Terms may be updated from time to time to accurately reflect our services and practices, to promote a safe and secure experience on our Meta Products and services, and/or to comply with applicable law. Unless otherwise required by law, we will notify you before we make changes to these Facebook View Terms and give you an opportunity to review the updated Facebook View Terms before they go into effect. We hope that you will continue using Facebook View, but if you do not agree to our updated Facebook View Terms, you must cease use of Facebook View. Your continued use of Facebook View after the effective date of the updated Facebook View Terms constitutes your acceptance of those terms.
- Third-Party Fees and Costs. You are responsible for the fees, costs, and other charges, such as internet usage or utilities fees, associated with the use of Facebook View.
- DISCLAIMERS; LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY; INDEMNIFICATION.
- We work hard to provide the best products and services we can and to specify clear guidelines for everyone who uses them. Facebook View, however, is provided "as is," and we make no representations or guarantees that it always will be safe, secure, or error-free, failsafe, or that it will function without disruptions, delays, or imperfections. We also do not control or direct what people and others do or say, and we are not responsible for the actions or conduct of others you may encounter using Facebook View (whether online or offline) or any content they may share (including offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful, and other objectionable content). YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF FACEBOOK VIEW IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. No oral or written information, guidelines or advice given by Meta will create a warranty. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we DISCLAIM ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, ORAL OR WRITTEN, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- THERE ARE IMPORTANT HEALTH AND SAFETY WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS THAT YOU MUST READ BEFORE USING FACEBOOK VIEW, WHICH ARE AVAILABLE AT www.facebook.com/help/ray-ban-stories/safety TO REDUCE THE RISK OF PERSONAL INJURY, DISCOMFORT, AND PROPERTY DAMAGE, PLEASE ENSURE THAT ALL USERS OF YOUR GLASSES OR FACEBOOK VIEW READ THE WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED AT THE LINK ABOVE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING EITHER.
- WARNING: FAILURE TO FOLLOW THIS HEALTH AND SAFETY INFORMATION MAY IMPAIR OR BREAK THE GLASSES AND RESULT IN DAMAGE TO FACEBOOK VIEW, YOUR GLASSES, OR THE DEVICE YOU ARE USING FACEBOOK VIEW WITH, AND MAY INCREASE THE RISK OF PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, DISCOMFORT OR OTHER POTENTIAL HAZARDS. BY USING FACEBOOK VIEW, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE REVIEWED THESE WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS (AND WILL REVIEW ANY UPDATES THERETO), AND WILL ACT IN ACCORDANCE WITH SUCH WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS.
- Our liability shall be limited to the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, and under no circumstance will we be liable to you for any lost profits, revenues, information, data, or content, or for any consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive, or incidental damages arising out of or related to the Terms or the Meta Products, including Facebook View (however caused and on any theory of liability, including negligence), even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Our aggregate liability arising out of or relating to these Facebook View Terms or Facebook View will not exceed the greater of $100 or the amount you have paid us in the past twelve months.
- THE LAWS OF SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES, SO SOME OR ALL OF THE DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY IN THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- You agree to defend (at our request), indemnify and hold harmless Meta and its affiliates, and their independent contractors and service providers, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and agents (collectively, "Meta Parties") from and against all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys' fees and costs) arising out of or in any way connected with (a) your purchase or use of, or inability to use, Facebook View; (b) your violation of the Terms or any other applicable terms, policies, warnings or instructions provided by Meta or a third party in relation to Facebook View; (c) your violation of any applicable law or any rights of any third party; or (d) any content you provide, upload, or transmit via Facebook View.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- Severability. If any portion of these Facebook View Terms is found to be unenforceable (including but not limited to the terms of, Section 3(7)), the unenforceable portion will be deemed amended to the minimum extent necessary to make it enforceable, and if it can’t be made enforceable, then it will be severed and the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect. If we fail to enforce any of the Facebook View Terms, it will not be considered a waiver. Any amendment to or waiver of these Facebook View Terms must be made in writing and signed by us.
- Governing Law. The laws of the State of California, to the extent not preempted by or inconsistent with U.S. federal law, will govern these Facebook View Terms and any claim, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
- Transfer and Trade Compliance. Facebook View is only intended for use in the Supported Countries (listed at http://www.facebook.com/help/ray-ban-stories/supported-countries). Certain functionality and services may not be accessible outside of, and may vary among and within, the Supported Countries. You will comply with all applicable U.S. and non-U.S. export control and trade sanctions laws (“Export Laws”). You will not use or download Facebook View if you are located in a country or region subject to comprehensive U.S. trade sanctions, if you are listed on any U.S. or non-U.S. restricted parties list, or for any purpose prohibited by Export Laws, and you will not disguise your location through IP proxying or other methods. You will not, directly or indirectly, export, re-export, provide, resell, transfer or otherwise dispose of Facebook View: (a) to any individual, entity, or country or region prohibited by Export Laws; (b) to anyone on U.S. or non-U.S. government restricted parties lists; or (c) for any purpose prohibited by Export Laws, including nuclear, chemical or biological weapons, or missile technology applications without the required government authorizations. You will not, and will not allow others to, use, distribute or transfer, Facebook View in any manner that violates applicable law, including all applicable export control and trade sanctions laws of the Supported Countries and any other applicable governmental authority. Facebook View may not be resold, transferred or otherwise disposed of in a country subject to U.S. embargo or to a person or organization sanctioned by the U.S. government without obtaining required approvals from the U.S. government.
- Termination. These Facebook View Terms are effective until terminated or will terminate when the Meta Terms of Service between you and us is terminated. Upon termination, these Facebook View Terms shall terminate as an agreement between you and us, but the provisions in Sections 2(1) and 3(3)-(13) of these Facebook View Terms will survive and remain in place.
- Government rights. Facebook View, including all related software, technical data and documentation, is a "Commercially available off-the-shelf (COTS) item" as defined in Section 2.101 of Title 48 of the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations. We provide Facebook View for public sector end use, including U.S. Government end use, with the same rights as all other end users pursuant to the Terms. If a public sector entity, including a U.S. Government entity, has a need for any additional rights, it must negotiate directly with Meta to determine if the parties can negotiate an acceptable amendment to the Terms that must be included in any applicable contract or agreement.
- Other Terms
- The Meta Terms of Service, these Facebook View Terms, and all other applicable terms (including, if applicable, a Product Testing Agreement, as defined below) make up the entire agreement between you and Meta regarding your use of Facebook View (except to the extent that we expressly state that separate terms – and not these – apply) and supersede any prior agreements regarding your use of Facebook View.
- If you use Facebook View pursuant to a product testing agreement, beta testing agreement, or similar agreement (a "Product Testing Agreement"), in the event of a conflict between such Product Testing Agreement and the Terms, the Product Testing Agreement shall govern to the extent of the conflict.
- The Terms govern personal and non-commercial uses of Facebook View. We may permit certain limited commercial or business uses of Facebook View under the Terms pursuant to and solely as stated in separate Facebook View Commercial Terms and any other applicable terms referenced therein. By using Facebook View for such commercial or business uses under the Terms, you agree to the Facebook View Commercial Terms.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the provisions stated in Section 4.E of the Meta Terms of Service also apply to these Facebook View Terms. Meta may at any time assign, transfer, or subcontract all or any of its rights or obligations under these Facebook View Terms. Nothing in these Facebook View Terms limits any of our rights under the Meta Terms of Service or any additional terms that they reference.
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION 3(7) CAREFULLY BECAUSE IT MAY SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING YOUR RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT IN COURT. THIS SECTION 3(7) REQUIRES YOU TO SUBMIT TO BINDING ARBITRATION ANY AND ALL DISPUTES (EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED FOR BELOW) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THESE FACEBOOK VIEW TERMS OR FACEBOOK VIEW, AND LIMITS THE MANNER IN WHICH YOU CAN SEEK RELIEF FROM US.
In the event that you have any dispute with us that is connected to these Facebook View Terms or your access or use of Facebook View, you may contact us in writing (as explained below) and we will endeavor to resolve this dispute. Except as provided below, you and Meta agree that any cause of action, claim, or dispute between us arising out of or related to these Facebook View Terms or your access or use of Facebook View ("claim(s)") must be resolved by arbitration on an individual basis. Class actions and class arbitrations are not permitted; you may bring a claim only on your own behalf and cannot seek relief that would affect other users of Facebook View. If there is a final judicial determination that any particular claim (or a request for particular relief) cannot be arbitrated in accordance with the limitations of this Section 3(7), then only that claim (or only that request for relief) may be severed and brought in court. All other claims (or requests for relief) remain subject to this Section 3(7).
Instead of using arbitration, you can bring claims in your local “small claims” court, if the rules of that court will allow it. If you don't bring your claims in small claims court (or if you or we appeal a small claims court judgment to a court of general jurisdiction), then the claims must be resolved by binding, individual arbitration. The American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) will administer all arbitrations under its Consumer Arbitration Rules, as amended by these Facebook View Terms. YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY.
The arbitrator will conduct hearings, if any, by teleconference or videoconference, rather than by personal appearances, unless the arbitrator determines upon request by you or by us that an in-person hearing is appropriate. Any in-person appearances will be held at a location that is reasonably convenient to both parties with due consideration of their ability to travel and other pertinent circumstances. If the parties are unable to agree on a location, such determination should be made by the AAA or by the arbitrator. The arbitrator's decision will be final and binding. The arbitrator will have authority to award temporary, interim or permanent injunctive relief or relief providing for specific performance but only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by the individual claim before the arbitrator. The award rendered by the arbitrator may be confirmed and enforced in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator will not be bound by rulings in other arbitrations in which you are not a party. Notwithstanding any of the foregoing, nothing in the Meta Terms of Service as supplemented by these Facebook View Terms will preclude you from bringing issues to the attention of federal, state or local agencies and, if the law allows, they can seek relief against us for you. Disputes related to: (i) intellectual property rights (like copyrights, patents, trademarks, and trade secrets), or (ii) efforts to interfere with Facebook View or engage with Facebook View in unauthorized ways are not subject to arbitration and instead must be brought in court. In addition, disputes relating to the scope and enforceability of this arbitration provision or the interpretation of the prohibition of class and representative actions are for a court to decide, in the jurisdictions specified below.
This arbitration provision is governed by the Federal Arbitration Act. You can opt out of this arbitration provision within 30 days of the date that you first agreed to any version of these Facebook View Terms. To opt out, you must send your name, residence address, and email address used for your Facebook account, and a clear statement that you want to opt out of this arbitration provision, and you must send them here: Facebook, Inc. ATTN: Facebook View Arbitration Opt-out, 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025.
Before you commence arbitration of a claim, you must provide us with a written Notice of Dispute that includes your name, residence address, username, and email address you use for your Facebook account, a detailed description of the dispute, and the relief you seek. Any Notice of Dispute you send to us should be mailed to Meta Platforms, Inc., ATTN: Facebook View Arbitration Filing, 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025. Before we commence arbitration, we will send you a Notice of Dispute to the email address you use with your Facebook account, or other appropriate means. If we are unable to resolve a dispute within 30 days after the Notice of Dispute is received, you or we may commence arbitration.
We will pay all arbitration filing fees, administration and hearing costs and arbitrator fees for any arbitration if your claims seek less than $75,000 and you timely provided us with a Notice of Dispute. For all other claims, the costs and fees of arbitration shall be allocated in accordance with AAA's applicable rules, including rules regarding frivolous or improper claims.
For any claim that is not arbitrated or resolved in small claims court or an appeal thereof or not subject to arbitration, you and Meta each agree that it will be resolved exclusively in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California or a state court located in San Mateo County. You also agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of either of these courts for the purpose of litigating any such claim. Without prejudice to the foregoing, you agree that, in its sole discretion, Meta may bring any claim we have against you in any competent court in the country in which you reside that has jurisdiction over the claim.
Effective Date: August 19, 2022
1. What information do we collect?
- Photo and Video Information: When the cameras and microphones are activated on the Glasses, we collect photo and video information, including the following:
- Photos and Video Recordings. You can use the Glasses to take photographs and video recordings (with audio). You can then edit this content in the App. This content is stored on your Glasses, until it is uploaded to your App. We also collect metadata in or about the content, such as the date and time you created the content.
- Metadata. We collect metadata in or about the content, such as the date and time you created the content, the type of content (i.e., a photo or a video recording) and technical information about your camera or other Glasses sensors related to the content.
- Essential Data is information needed to help keep the Glasses and the App reliable, secure, and operating normally. For example, we collect information to capture the success or failure of specific functions (including when you are pairing the Glasses with the App) and to authenticate you (including when you sign into the App with your Facebook account). In addition, similar to other devices or apps, when Facebook View experiences a crash or malfunctions a log is sent to Facebook that includes information in use at the time of the crash event, such as the date and time of the crash and what features of the App you used immediately prior to the crash event.
- Additional Data is information about how you use the Glasses and the App, which we use primarily to improve the App and Glasses, as described below. For example, we collect information such as the number of photos and videos captured, the time spent taking videos, the method you use to share photos and videos, and the average length of videos captured. If you choose to share Additional Data, it may be combined with the Essential Data. You can choose to share Additional Data during your initial setup, or change your choice at any time in Settings. Learn more about Additional Data and your choice to share it with Meta.
2. How do we use your information?
- Improve your experience. In addition to keeping Facebook View reliable and secure, we use Additional Data (subject to the choice you make) to improve and personalize your experience with Meta Products. For example, we use this data to evaluate the usefulness of the features we are developing, which enables us to decide what to build in order to offer features people find value in. Learn more about Additional Data and your choice to share it with Meta.
3. How do we share your information?
4. How do we process information when you use our voice services?
This Section applies when our voice services, like voice assistant, are available on Facebook View and you enable it.
- When you use our voice services, audio recordings and transcripts of your voice interactions, as well as data related to your voice interactions (such as the hardware version of your Glasses and length of the audio related to your interaction) are processed to respond to your requests. Voice interactions are things you say when using our voice services, including when voice services are mistakenly invoked, as well as any background sound that can be heard once voice services are enabled.
- Depending on your preferences in Settings, we may also store and process information about your voice interactions to help our voice services such as by helping our voice services to better understand and respond more accurately to a wide rang of speech patterns and phrases over time. You can manage voice storage to improve our voice services in your Settings. You can also access and delete stored voice information in your Settings or in Your Facebook Information. When voice storage for product improvement is enabled, we use machine learning and trained reviewers to process information about your voice interactions to improve, troubleshoot, and train our voice services, and we share that information with third party vendors and service providers for product improvement.
- You can learn more about our voice services, including further details about what information we collect when you use our voice services and your choices over how we process that information, in the Voice Services FAQ.
5. How do Meta and Luxottica work together?
Luxottica Group S.p.A. (“Luxottica”) is the manufacturer and distributor of the Glasses and any information you provide to Luxottica in connection with your purchase of the Glasses is subject to Luxottica’s terms and policies. We exchange information with Luxottica to manage your customer service requests; for example, Luxottica shares with us your name, email address and information about the issue you are experiencing, and we share with Luxottica information to help resolve the issue, such as steps to resolve a problem with your Facebook account. We also exchange aggregated information and insights with Luxottica relating to marketing, usage, sales, and post-sale activities. Luxottica does not collect information directly from your use of the Glasses and the App.
6. Privacy Notice for California residents
If you are a California resident, you can learn more about your consumer privacy rights by reviewing the California Privacy Notice.
7. How to contact Meta?
Facebook View California Privacy Notice
Effective Date: August 19, 2022
When we say “Personal Information” in this Notice, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you. Personal Information does not include information that is aggregated or information that cannot be reasonably linked to you.
How we collect, use, and share Personal Information
Categories of Personal Information we collect include:
- Data with special protections, if you choose to provide it;
- Voice interactions with our voice services, if available to you and you choose to enable it;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information;
- Audio or visual information, including photos and videos, if you choose to provide it; and
- Information derived from other Personal Information about you, which could include your preferences, interests, and other information used to personalize your experience.
Examples of how Personal Information is used include:
- Providing, personalizing, and improving Facebook View;
- Performing measurement, analysis, and other business services;
- Promoting safety, integrity, and security;
- Communicating with you; and
- Researching and innovating for social good.
Parties with whom each category of Personal Information may be shared include:
- New owners in the event of a change of ownership or control of all or part of Facebook View;
- Luxottica Group S.p.A., the manufacturer and distributor of the Glasses that pair with the App (Personal Information related to your customer service requests only);
- Partners, including vendors and service providers, and researchers and academics;
- Apps, websites, and third-party integrations on or using our Products;
- Law enforcement or other third parties in connection with legal requests; and
- Meta Companies.
Sources of Personal Information
We receive Personal Information from the information that you and others provide, from your device(s), and from our partners. The categories of sources from which we’ve collected or received Personal Information include:
- You: We collect the content and other information you provide when you use Facebook View, such as information about the features or other experiences you interact with. If available to you, we also collect voice interactions when you use our voice services.
- Meta Companies: We may receive information from other Meta Companies (which include Instagram and WhatsApp) for business purposes, such as to provide infrastructure services, that help us provide you with an innovative, relevant, consistent, and safe experience across all Meta Company Products you use. We also process information about you across the Meta Companies for these purposes, as permitted by applicable law, and in accordance with their terms and policies.
- Partners: We may receive information about you from partners, including customer service request-related information from Luxottica Group S.p.A, the manufacturer and distributor of the Glasses that pair with the App. App developers, and publishers and other partners that provide services on the Glasses or Facebook View can send us information for business purposes. Partners may receive your data when you visit or use their services or through third parties they work with. We require each of these partners to have rights to collect, use, and share your data before providing any data to us.
How can you exercise your rights provided under the CCPA?
Under the CCPA, you have the following rights:
- Right to Know: You have the right to request that we disclose to you the Personal Information we collect, use, or disclose, and information about our data practices;
- Right to Request Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information that we have collected from you;
- Right to Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights.
To exercise your “right to know” or your “right to request deletion,” click here.
Please note that to protect your information and the integrity of Facebook View, we may need to verify your identity before processing your request. In some cases we may need to collect additional information to verify your identity, such as your name and proof of residency.
Under the CCPA, you may exercise these rights yourself or you may designate an authorized agent to make these requests on your behalf. In most cases, we will facilitate your request through automated tools available through your password-protected account.
Contact for more information
If you have additional questions about this Notice or how to exercise your rights under the CCPA, please contact us.
For information on the CCPA requests we have received, please see here.